We all know how stressful it can be when you’re moving, especially to another country and in this time of the year. We hope that this text will help you when moving to Temecula, or at least help you make the right decision. Here are a few things we’ll talk about in the text:
- Pros and cons of moving to Temecula
- Which areas are safe to live in
- Job market and employability
- Cost of moving to Temecula
- Cost of living in Temecula
- Choosing the right moving company
Here you can see the summed up pros and cons of moving to Temecula. Later in the text, you can find out more about each one.
Here are the summed up pros and cons of moving to Santa Cruz. Each one will be discussed more in detail further in the text.
- Pretty safe
- Good climate
- Great position of the city
- Bad traffic
- High taxes
- Expensive housing
Fill out this move quote form to calculate the costs of your move to Temecula.
This is the part of the text where you’ll find out about basic things any newcomer should know, like:
- Is it safe
- How’s the weather
- Is the traffic bad
- And more…
Image source: sitelogicq
- Crime: Temecula violent crime rate is 11.5 (the US average is 22.7), and the property crime is 36.3 (while the US average is 35.4)
- Pandemics: right now, there are around 39k covid infected cases, and here you can find out about daily covid statistics in the city.
- We work during the pandemics.
- Yes, our movers wear masks and follow all of the safety precautions.
- We don’t need to come to your house for estimates.
- You can get a ballpark estimate by using our move quote calculator.
- For a 100% accurate move quote, make sure to schedule your free virtual move estimate.
If you don’t want to live paycheck-to-paycheck, you should know about the basic budgeting rule 50-30-20. The rule is that you spend 50% of your earnings on necessities, 30% on wants and needs, and 20% you leave for savings.
The average household earns around $78k a year.
Already decided to move to Temecula? Get a free move quote estimate.
Temecula is a big commuting town, which means that in the morning when everyone is leaving, you can easily use the traffic in the city. Although, between 3 to 6 pm, it can be a real nightmare for getting around. Usually, people can be stuck in traffic for more than an hour. Depending on your desired neighborhood and your workplace, you can decide whether you will have your car, but many people find it necessary.
Maybe getting around in Temecula is not the easiest thing to do, but moving there can be! Fill out our free form to calculate your move cost estimate.
The job growth in Temecula has been positive. Jobs have increased by 2.2% since last year, and the average salary you should expect is $78,535. The unemployment rate in Temecula is 3.5%, which is 0.2% lower than the US average.
Images source: google images
If you have already decided, take a free move cost calculator to help you with budgeting.
The Temecula economy right now isn’t too bad. The statistics predicted immense job growth in the next few years, which can mean only a good thing. Although the economy is getting more stable than before, you shouldn’t rely on that fact only. We suggest reading the helpful tips in the text for better judgment.
- American Design Coatings
- Professional Hospital Supply
- Temecula Valley Unified School District
- FFF Enterprises
These companies are just a few of the best companies to work for in Temecula. You can expect just the best salary according to your work hours and excellent employee benefits.
As we said earlier, the unemployment rate is lower than the US average, which means that it’s slightly easier to get a job than you may expect it, especially if you have enough experience in the desired field and the right education for that job.
We know that getting a job in a new city before moving can be pretty hard, especially considering the current economy in that city. Here are a few essential tips that we hope can help you make this any easier for you:
- Go on a trip to Temecula before moving.
- Mingle with people and on social media (especially LinkedIn)
- Build connections
- State your plans for moving in your CV
In this part of the text, you can read about necessary basic information like:
- Monthly costs of living
- Cost of rent
- What salary would you need for comfortable living
Images source: mycamerajournal
Keep in mind that California is an expensive place to live in, as you will see later in the text. The rent in Temecula is slightly cheaper than the California average:
- Studio apartment: $960, compared to the California average of $1156
- One bedroom: $1160 compared to the California average of $1358
- Two bedrooms: $1450 compared to the California average of $1723
- Three bedrooms: $2020 compared to the California average of $2375
According to the current housing starts, the median home cost in Temecula is $473,100. The renters make up to 32% of Temecula’s population, and 1.7% of houses and apartments are available to rent. Also, keep in mind that buying a home is the single biggest investment one makes in a lifetime.
- Sales tax: 8.8%
- Income tax: 9.3%
As you can see, tax rates in Temecula and the rest of California are higher than the national average, and you must calculate this expense when calculating your yearly budget.
As we mentioned earlier in the text, the average salary of a household in a year is $78,535, and by one resident, it would be somewhere around $23k. Both are a bit higher than the US average.
In this part of the text, we will mention a few neighborhoods that you might like based on your social group, yearly income, and general preferences. Keep in mind that all of the listed areas are among the safest ones in the city and are picked based on the residents’ general good impressions.
Images source: redfin
- GlenOak Hills – this neighborhood is best known for its beautiful scenery with rustic vineyards and custom homes that take up to 10 acres of land. This is a perfect example of an upscale country living community.
- Meadowview – this is one of the oldest communities in Temecula. Nine hundred residents are surrounding an open meadow of about 360 acres. There’s a trail system that meanders through the neighborhood, providing plenty of space for jogging, cycling, and taking long walks. You can find a local clubhouse, park, and picnic area, as well as many basketball and tennis courts that provide opportunities for an active lifestyle.
- Paseo del Sol – a master-planned community, located in the southern part of Temecula. You can expect to find single-detached homes in a variety of Southern Californian styles. You can also find numerous community amenities and parks that are suggesting an active lifestyle.
Decided on moving to Temecula with a family? Here you can get a quick move cost estimate.
Images source: estately
- Redhawk – this is one of the most populated neighborhoods, it is family-friendly and is located between the pleasures of Wine Country and the allure of Old Town. This neighborhood is also great for students since it belongs to the famed Temecula school district featuring Great Oak High School. You can expect Mediterranean style properties and big luxurious homes. One of the best parts is the Redhawk Community Park, which makes an excellent spot for picnics and playing sports.
- Auberry Place – this family-friendly community has about 180 residences comprising townhomes and condos. Living here means that you have quick access to the top restaurants and retailers in the local area. There’s a pool, spa, and a children’s playground available for this neighborhood residents, with walking and hiking trails nearby.
Don’t worry if you waited for the last minute; get your quick move cost estimate here.
Images source: google images
- Temeku Hills – this neighborhood is known for its resort-style ambiance. It is also master-planned and has over 1,300 residents. This is a perfect place to get away from all the fuss in the city center and make yourself more comfortable. The amenities are upscale; you can expect a swimming pool, clubhouse, fitness center, and an elegant ballroom used for many social events.
- Wolf Creek – this is yet another master-planned community in Temecula, with over 1,800 residents. Well -known companies have been constructing various types of homes, and among other home designs, you can find condos, single-family residences, and townhouses. You can expect a library, swimming pool, outdoor barbeque, spa, and fitness centers.
- Auberry Place – we mentioned this neighborhood earlier, but here is the summed up information: Living here means that you have quick access to the top restaurants and retailers in the local area. There’s a pool, spa, and a children’s playground available for this neighborhood residents, with walking and hiking trails nearby.
You don’t have to waste your time anymore. Get a quick virtual ballpark estimate here to help you with budgeting the cost of moving.
Images source: Movoto
- Crowne hill – this beautiful neighborhood sits in the eastern part of Temecula, making the wine country a short drive away. It features a variety of settings and parks. As a Crowne Hill resident, you can enjoy recreational activities in Flower Hill Park, Regents Hill Park, Crowne Hill Park, and many more.
- Chardonnay Hills – it is located in Temecula’s wine country. There are fewer homes, and the number of residents is lower. This upscale community has the wine countries rolling hills as its stunning backdrop. You can spend your weekends in the parks and many sport centers.
All set for moving to Temecula? Get a quick ballpark estimate here!
Images source: compass
Before moving to Temecula, you can use the information on our site to help you get a better judgment about the cost of moving to Temecula from your current city, so you can use our move cost calculator to get a quick ballpark estimate. If you want a 100% accurate move quote, you can schedule your virtual move estimate.
If you decide to move to Temecula with MovePrice, you can get:
- Free move cost estimate
- An accurate move quote after you fill the virtual home survey
- All-time customer support during your move
- Move costs tailored to your needs and budget.
- The safest move during pandemics
Featured Image Source: LATimes – No copyright infringement